Wednesday 1 August 2012

Science Fiction Wedding Outfit Part 2 - Beginning

See Part 1 and Part 3

Ready to begin. Here are the non-electronic components, which are all stuff I had in my stash already.

 

I blocked the base using this sugar bowl. I did make a similar shape fascinator block in a workshop at the International Millinery Forum this year with Jan Wutkowski but I think I've left it at school. Or somewhere in this messy room. (And when I went to see if Jan had a site or blog I could link to - the photo of them is on her blog!)


The base is wired and covered with fabric.


Fake flannel flowers look a lot like creepy creatures from the deep to me.

 

But not as creepy when on the hat. I hope the glowing will make them look weird again.

 

LEDs and a switch added.


Now some other foliage to go with the flowers. Ideally I wanted something a bit more swirly off the base, as in my sketches, but I wasn't able to achieve that with what I had. Nevertheless I quite like it so far.


Next: the insides of the flowers, and the wiring. I hope the flowers are not too hidden at the back to get the look I wanted. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment