Sunday 14 October 2012

Soft toy rises from the dead

I'm back! Still a bit sick. What a shocker of a week! But at least there was surprise spring snow.


I have managed to get one crafty thing done this weekend, thank goodness. It feels like a week has just been sucked out of my life. I made a Zombie Bear!


Zombie Bear was undoubtedly sparked into life by the crashing of this huge branch down onto his little Soft Toy grave in the back yard.


He is from a pattern by DIY Fluffies and he is pretty awesome. It was a good pattern with instructions that were mostly clear (a few little bits could be improved but overall ok). The skill level was listed as Intermediate and I would agree. The instructions assume you have sewing experience already and don't take you through the steps in detail. Lots of fiddly little bits to sew on (eyes, nose mouth, scars, patch stitches etc) but for once I was sensible and did as much as I could by machine so he was still all done in one day (and I slept in!).


His intestines are completely removable!

He is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster as well as a zombie, made of the remnants of many past and discarded craft projects.


His back is a little plain. I think if I made him again I might make a few small changes to the construction and maybe add some more to his back. Overall I'm very happy with this pattern and project. Luckily I bought 2 more of her patterns so there is lots of fun yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment